Thursday 29 March 2018

Yummy Gummies!


Hello!  Gummy Bears Anyone???

We learned to make gummy bears at the local community centre and 
wanted to try them at home as well. 
My husband ordered me these great silicone forms.  
They came with the little droppers to.


We collected the needed things.  I'm not a big jello fan...in fact I haven't bought any for years. 
I thought we'd try some with the jello, and then some with just juice and gelatine.  
(We used organic grape juice, and it could have used some added sweetener)



The moulds came in such fun colours and after washing them up we set them out to be filled.  


The droppers were fun, and much easier than using a spoon.
Then we looked at the recipe.
We made three batches today.


It was fun to watch them fill the little compartments. 



Once they were all filled, we set them out on the deck as the temp outside was just around freezing.  


Once they had set, we popped them out of the moulds and tasted a few.  
They wanted to eat lots, but I made them wait until snack for that. 


I think they're cute!  and yummy!


The very berry ones are a lovely shade of blue...but I truthfully hate to think
 of what it took to make them that colour. 


We made a few bigger ones to experiment with that to. 


Have you ever made gummy bears?  A fun activity with the kids for sure! 

Hope you have a lovely day!
Jennifer

4 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Yay we finally got to have Jello LOL. XD They were good haha ;)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Goodness I didn't know you could make gummies! That's probably a good thing haha!! I would have eaten them until I was sick!!

September Violets said...

Looks like fun! I've never been a big candy fan, but I like Jello, although for some reason we never have that either?! You could decorate a cake with these tiny teddies!
Wendy

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a fun activity to make with the children! I can imagine the fun they would have making these!!! And so many different juices you could try as well! A great way to have a fun healthy snack :)