Monday 14 August 2017

Late Summer Flowers


Hello! I'd like to share with you some of my late summer flowers.  It's wonderful to just take time to notice the details of each one, and marvel at the variety that God has created.  

Above is a beautiful Malva.  The plants have just erupted into bloom and the colour is just stunning! 


My garden is growing nicely, the potatoes are winding down a bit, and the peas are covered in flowers and tiny peas!!!  They taste good, but I'm trying to leave more to grow bigger. :)  


My delphiniums all opened up while I was gone on our trip.  It was a beautiful sight to come home to!  I am blessed with having a nice variety of colours in my delphinium patch.  


They are so big and beautiful this year, and the bees are visiting regularly.


My first snap dragon opened and it's such a lovely shade of pink! 


My shelling peas have all come into bloom now and I'm glad to see them coming along as the signs of fall are starting to show.  


Not sure what flower this is, but it's a perennial and I just adore the tall purple stalks.  A cheerful bit of colour in amongst the grasses. 


The fireweed is still pretty, although much of the patches of it are finished up.  Sadly they were in their best bloom while we were gone.  We all know that once the fireweed is done flowering that fall is upon us.  The summers are short lived in the Yukon. 


I am also blessed with having a poppy that came along with some raspberry canes. :)  A lovely splash of colour to encourage the bees to visit. 


As you can see the blooms are quite far up the stalks of the fireweed...just a bit more to enjoy. 


I missed making fireweed jelly this year...well a project to put on the list for next year. 


I have some cosmos blooming away and they are so fun.  I really think that next year I'll plant a bunch more. 


Then our Dock plant is huge this year, and the red fruit on it has laden it down.  You can use it for dying, but I don't think I'll use it.  I think it's just pretty to have next to the tree up close to the house.  

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you are enjoying some wonderful flowers and taking some time to slow down and notice the little details of them all. 




3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Such beautiful flowers! I think the delphiniums are my favorite!

Danielle Dunn said...

Not sure what my faves are I like them all

Margie said...

Beautiful flowers! I especially like the purple ones.