Saturday 7 January 2012

Sweet Baby Girl

I'm back with something new.  This is a card that I've made for a few challenges.  One being Sweet Stampin' Spots and Dots, and then Little Miss Muffet's - Something New, and finally Designed 2 Delight - Winter flowers, or any flowers.  From these challenges, I came up with this.  I used a sweet onsie template from Alley Way Stamps (meant to create a shaped card but I resized it for this.).  Then after cutting them out I inked the edges to help them stand out a bit more.  I embossed the back pannel with a flower folder from Cuttlebug ( I just love this tool!).  I added some fun Stampin' Up Ribbon to help frame it in.  For the sentiment I used one by Brossart Addiction and matted it to some pink cardstock.  The buttons have a bow tied to them with embroidery thread and placed in the corners.  To  finish it off I chose a cute foot clip from Media (from Walmart). I think it's adorable!  But it doesn't end here!
I finished off the inside a bit.  Inspired by Designed 2 Delights last challenge that I didn't make it in on.  I created a little pouch to put a gift card in.  It's under the little onsie and dotted paper.  Gift cards are great for families who already have some children and don't "need" anything in particular.  This gives the family the ability to use the gift card for something that may be a bit more practical for them!
I'm also entering this card in these challenges:
Dutch Dare- New Beginnings and Simon Says- Something New
I had lots of fun creating this one, and I think I've gotten the hang of making such little bows! Well at least it was good practice! Thanks for dropping by!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, this is so cute, Jennifer! I really like the foot clip on the front! I also like what you've done on the inside! Really great card, my friend!...Nancy :o)

Debbie said...

Very cute card!! I love all the detail you added with the embossing, ribbon, buttons, and inking! Pretty on the inside, too!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just precious! I love all the sweet little touches! Well thought out to provide great execution on one fabulous card!

Have a good weekend!

Trish and Treasure said...

Love these adorable baby girl outfits, very cute!!!

Faith S. said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the embossed flowers and cute button embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Designed2Delight! :)

Rachel said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

helloholley said...

very cute card, great job! Thanks for playing along at SSCB!!! ;)

Tracy said...

Oh my ggodness this is so sweet and just adorable Jennifer! Love the onesies and that cute little footprint paper clip. Now that's fun! Hugs!

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is one cute babycard. Love the shaped bodies and embossed papers. That foot and thise ribbons and buttons too. Thanks for sharing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back next thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Arabella said...

This is adorable Jennifer! I love the idea of making a gift card holder on the inside!

Thank you for playing along with us at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

Arabella

Unknown said...

Cute card!
Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge, Good Luck! Hugs! Leah Ann

mixamatoasties said...

Great idea.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'

Susan x