Thursday 26 January 2012

Feel My Hug!

I think that the best things to have when I'm not feeling well are hugs! My inspiration this card is "get well/feel better" from the For Fun challenge- which I missed, but wanted to acknowledge them for their part! Then the Sentimental Sundays's challenge Die Cuts.  Since I didn't have any dies, I went out and found this lovely oval scalloped one.  So excited - my first die set!!!
I used the die to cut out my sweet image by Sliekje- get well girl and the sentiment from TLC.  I layered the image on some blue cardstock that I had leftover from making my base, and then I inked the edges of the sentiment.  I placed this on some embossed paper and framed it with a lovely blue ric rac!(the sentiment is popped up) Then the corners looked empty so I added some bright pink buttons to compliment her bouquet with some yellow embroidery thread tied on.  For a final touch I used a crystal laquer to bring out the vase.  Unfortunately it didn't bring it out in the picture.  I hope this will bring a hug and a smile to whomever get it!
Thanks so much for dropping by!

2 comments:

Jennipher said...

Very sweet! Just love that image. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Jennifer, i like hugs too and this card would be a great big "hug".