Sunday 20 November 2011

Final Falling Leaves

Here I am again with another fall card.  Here in the north, we haven't many leaves left.  Those that are still on the trees are frozen there until next spring. This morning it was close to -40 degrees Celcius with the windchill.  Over at MelJen's Challenge Blog they are calling for fall cards.  I thought it would be the perfect time to use these beautiful leaf digis from MelJen's Designs.  I coloured them with prismas and then used some orange and old paper distress ink(Tim Holtz) to try and give them a windblown look.  I layered them on some patterned paper that I found in my stash, trimmed it with some Stampin' Up ribbon and added a few buttons with some orange embroidery thread to tie them on. The cardstock is from Stampin' Up.  Hope you enjoy the colour! Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful colours Jennifer! It hasn't gotten quite that cold here...yet...but it's certainly been very chilly!...Nancy :o)

Jennifer Scull said...

we don't have many leaves left either, well.... other than what is sitting in my yard waiting to be raked! ;)
love your card with those wonderful papers and buttons!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, great fall colors! So glad you could join us at Meljen's Designs!