Sunday 6 November 2011

Time is a Ticking

This is my second post today, so please scroll down to see my Bandaid fun.
This time I have a card that I created for Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - Use a charm.  This is the first time I've added a charm to a card and I found this sweet little CooCoo Clock.  I love birdhouses and this clock is a bird house so I used this wonderful image by DDH to compliment it.  Our winter birds are looking for the winter bird feeders and the birdhouses are collecting lots of snow!  I love to watch the birds all puffed up to keep warm waddling around in groups talking to each other.  I'm so glad they love our yard despite the fact that my kids are boisterous.  It's like they enjoy watching us as much as we enjoy them.
For this card I added lots of distressing along with some distress ink sponged on the sentiment and around the image.  I layered the felt flowers (using a bronze marker to highlight the edges of the petals on the middle flower) then used a bead with the metal "stick" to hold them together.  Then I wrapped some ribbon around the card, and tied the charm on with some gold cord.  After that I tucked some gold beads under the sentiment, popping it up along with the image.  I love how it turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps:  DDH seasonal birdhouse; computer generated sentiment
Papers:  ATD; Stampin' Up
Ink: Tim Holtz distress ink- old paper; Bronze marker
Accessories:  Charm- Blue Moon Beads; ribbon- Multcraft Imports; misc felt flowers; gold beads on a stick

4 comments:

Lisa xx said...

A gorgeous card Jennifer, and what a sweet charm. Thank you for playing along with The Cutie Pies xx

Nancy said...

So PRETTY!! I love that background paper! It's perfect for your lovely design! Great birdhouse, and the charm works perfectly! Really like this one very much, Jennifer! :o)

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and I luv your charm.
Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie.
Good Luck cheers sue x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the charm too how unusual! Thanks for being a Cutie Pie! Woo x