Sunday 6 September 2020

Homemaking Mondays: Homemade and a Spot of Tea


Today I'd like to share with you a bit more of my kitchen. 
For my birthday I received this delightful 
homemade sign from my daughters. 
It really fit nicely and brightened that empty space above
the kitchen sink.  

Yes, my kitchen sink looks pretty much the same 
as it usually does.  With a mixture
of dirty glasses and tea strainers scattered about it. 

Here is the lovely view from my kitchen window.  
The fall colours are starting to deepen and the leaves are coming off the trees.  
It's hard to see in the picture, 
but there is mist rising from the water. 
It's been below freezing for a few mornings and 
the frost is quite lovely. 

With the coolness I have been drinking more tea.
I had also realized that my tea cupboard
was in need of some tidying up. 

I found a 2x6 board in the yard and 
tucked that in the second shelf under some doilies. 
I thought it would help to be able to the tea pots better. 
Then I also moved all the tea cups to the top shelf.  

This is the hutch that stands in my kitchen and I love it! 
It is where I keep my tea things as I use them a lot. 
Then the cupboard at the bottom is where I store my flour and sugar.
The cookbooks are at hand when they're needed. 
Plus I received a lovely new 
proofing basket for my birthday. 
Just need to wake up my sourdough starter
and try it out.

I keep my cast iron griddles against the hutch to. 
They are pretty and easy to get to when I need them. 
I put up a command non marking hook for 
some of our aprons.  

With organizing the tea pots, 
I thought I should contain some of the tea strainers. 
Now they have their own little basket 
that I found in my crafting room. 

I pulled out a little pot that my children 
brought me one day. 
It holds the tea spoons nicely. 

There was some tea in the cupboard with the tea cups....
but here is my tea cupboard 
where I keep the rest of our tea and 
the cookie jars. :) 

So all in all.... I kind of have a tea station.  
I thought about doing it all on the hutch with the kettle and all. 
Then I thought it would function a bit better this way for the needs of my family. 

The kettle is always on the counter close to the tea...
and then the teapots and cups are all in one place to. 

So....if any of you would love to come for a cup of tea? 
You would be most welcome to come and pick out 
a tea pot and a cup to use.

Thank you so much for dropping by! 
Love and Prayers,


Margie said...

I would love to come over for tea!!!

I maximized the image of your teacups and teapots so I can examine them in greater detail. LOL. I love the cute basket of strainers and seeing your tea cupboard.

I also re-organized my tea stash today and was proud that 95% of my collection managed to fit inside one cabinet (similar size to where you keep your tea and cookie jars). The other 5% are teabag samples and several loose leaf teas that are on the sipdown rotation.

Sunshine Country said...

I love your assortment of teacups and teapots. :) I have a small collection, and it makes tea time more special. We also have a large stash of tea varieties at home. My favorites herbal ones are peach and peppermint. I have been curious about the tea you mention making out of spruce the tips you gather have to be fresh in the spring, or can they be gathered any time of year? I have never heard of making tea with them anywhere else until I read your blog. I thought maybe I could give it a try sometime.

Linda Shukri said...

I would love to visit you and have tea! You live in a very beautiful area of the country. :-) Must be awesome!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

What an amazing view you have from your kitchen window! The scenery looks beautiful!
Your tea pot cabinet looks lovely!