Monday 25 May 2020

Homemaking Mondays: Taking Time to Enjoy the Day!


Hello! 

Does life just get to be a bit much at times? 
I love how being out in nature seems to comfort and relax me. 
With lots of change happening in our home lately. 
My thoughtful husband took us for a drive to enjoy some of our
favourite places in nature. 

It was a windy day by the lake and the waves were beautiful! 
The sound of them breaking on the shore was 
so restful and I could have stayed there for hours. 

Just up the road from the lake is a river and 
next to that is this cool old cabin. 
Not lived in for a long time and falling down.
It has the call to come explore it. 


The roof is all fallen in, but you can open the door and peek inside. 


I love how the logs are all nestled together and chinked. 
When I was a young girl, I lived in a log home my 
father had built.  
I remember every fall helping to chink between the logs. 
I love how the colours change 
in the weathering process. 


The river was fast running, but the boys worked together to fix up a little 
"bathtub" space that someone else had made. 
They didn't last in the water long as it 
was oh so cold! 


We also went for a walk along the road and the kids did 
some rock hunting. 
They had to be very selective with 
what they brought home. 


I know that the Lord has created beauty 
everywhere on the earth....but
this is my favourite kind of
place that I've ever been to. 

Most of all the best place to find rest is 
in the Lord Jesus Christ himself.
As we have been studying the Bible 
it helps bring all things into the right perspective. 
An eternal one.  


The gardening that we've been doing 
has also been so nice. 
Things are starting to grow nicely 
inside and out. 

Outside the carrots, peas, beans, beets, greens, and potatoes 
are all coming up nicely. 
Inside the tomatoes, squash and some flowers and herbs are 
doing well to.  
I ate the very first tomato this week and oh it was so delicious! 

We've been also taking plants in and out to the deck 
to harden them off. 
It's so windy most of the time that they get a bit bedraggled, 
then seem to recuperate over night in the house. 


There are now boxes all over the house either full or waiting to be filled. 
I know we're a bit early...but before we know it 
it will be time to move them. 
I am trying to pace myself so that it doesn't become overwhelming
physically or emotionally.  
Everything will happen...all in good time. 

I pray that you are doing well and that
if things get to feeling overwhelming....
perhaps some time with the Lord in nature will 
help bring things back to a place
of peace. 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer



6 comments:

Margie said...

How wonderful to be surrounded by nature!

Sunshine Country said...

This post brings back soo many good memories from my childhood! My parents would take us on the weekends to parks and creeks to go rock hunting. We always had so much fun - and still have a good sized rock collection from those trips. We found some pretty unique rocks and even a few fossils at times!
I do find being outdoors in God's creation to be very relaxing and helpful also. I am happy to be able to be outdoors again now that the weather is warmer.

I hope you're able to move without it becoming too stressful. I know there is a lot of work involved in it, as we have moved recently ourselves. Local moves are much easier, though.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope your move is stress free and all goes well. It was a delight to see the old log cabin, what a joy.

Linda Shukri said...

Thank you for sharing your delights and joys with us! Happy packing. At least you're not going very far! :-)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

What a nice day in nature! That old cabin is interesting. When I was younger I wanted to live in the old days. I think it is so cool that you grew up in a log cabin that your daddy built! Now I am glad to live in modern times, because I can always live like they did in the old days if I want to, but I don't have to. :)

R's Rue said...

A beautiful day. Thanking the Lord for His goodness.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com