Monday 30 March 2020

Homemaking Mondays: Joy of Colour!


Hello! 
Do you love colour?  I do.  
Especially after a long white winter. 
I am blessed to have violets  and geraniums 
blooming in the house at the moment. 
The Lord Jesus has made so many amazing plants!


Also with all the added sunshine 
the rest of the plants are growing more vigorously. 

I have a few varieties of mint some for tea and some for just eating. 


Chocolate mint is my favourite, then there is spearmint,
and Moroccan mint.


Then the newest addition...peppermint. 


The tomatoes are growing well and I'll be needing more soil soon 
to get them into bigger pots. 
They are determinate varieties so they'll live in pots nicely for the summer to. 



This year we decided to grow some salad greens to enjoy before 
gardening season actually starts.
We've got a couple different kinds of radishes in the back of the picture below. 
Then chives.  The lemon oregano is for tea and chicken dishes. 
I started some cuttings from my main plant to see how they do.


Then back right is the lettuce and in front of that the spinach.  
parsley, basil, and sage finish off the tray.  
To the left in the back we have marigolds that will go into the 
tomato pots.   They are good friends. :)  
Then we have a field of chamomile...as we love that for tea. 


Finally...I'd like to share with you that my amaryllis went to seed! 
I was leaving it to see what would happen and sure enough we got some seeds. 
I know it takes a very long time to get a flowering plant 
from seed...but one day I want to try it. 
I think the seed pot and seeds are pretty cool as they overlap.  


Praying for you all that you enjoy your days...where ever you may be.
May you find joy in some colour whether growing things or something else. 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

It is so exciting to see all your plants! I, also, am amazed at the colors in the natural world. I thank God for making things beautiful. You know he could have just made all flowers the same? I'm glad he didn't. :)

Sunshine Country said...

Your plants look so healthy - what a nice diversion to have during the winter! I, too, love African Violets. I have two plants - one that blooms the same color as the one in your photo, and another that is very light shade of purple. I am curious how you manage to grow such healthy plants indoors...I always seem to have so much trouble providing enough light for mine. Do you use a grow light for them?

Oh, I love your geraniums! I have wanted to grow one for a long time, but have never had the opportunity yet. :) I do hope I can buy one this year!
Yes, it is something to be very thankful for to see the beautiful variety of even simply ornamental plants and flowers God has provided for us!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, you have such an impressive variety of mint and other herbs. We are just starting out trying to get our garden organised but the weather is still not good.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love chocolate mint too! It makes the best tea! I agree with you, our Lord's creative design in color is just astounding to see! Your plants are all doing amazing! Oh my, I am so behind, I just started seeds this past week, and am waiting for them to sprout. You are going to have an incredibly bountiful garden this year! I've never seen the amaryllis pod. That is so interesting! I must look into that and see if I can try that. May the Lord be with all of you :)