Monday 27 January 2020

Homemaking Mondays: Down Comes the Snow


Hello! 
This past week the snow has been coming down. 
Big fluffies to the tiny sandblasting kind of snow.

It has been consistently snowing and it's building up.
The kids have been doing lots of shovelling and are trying to keep up on it 
so it doesn't become an overwhelming task. 

Today the sun has come out and even though there are lots of snow clouds
it's absolutely wonderful! 
It's nice to have a break in the snow for now. 
I just want to stand in the window and soak it all in.

You may say we don't have much...but for us in a semi-arid land...it's about right.
Much of the snow is dry and tiny. 
It makes for good hard packed drifts when the wind gets to blowing.

This week it's been a bit busier.  
We've been out sledding with friends, 
enjoying a cooking class at the community centre (spanish food), 
snowshoeing and working around the yard.  
Well....I've been tagging along for some of these things, but I'm not doing 
that much still.  I have been on my feet more...
and have learned that isn't so good yet. 

I did finish the socks for my kitchen chairs. 
That inspired my one daughter to make some for her desk chair in her room.

I've been writing some letters. 
Now I need to be making some more cards. 
It's wonderful to be able to still enjoy some happy mail in the mailbox.
I love being able to tuck letters into the mail-slot destined for others. 
Good things to do on snowy days. 

What do you like to do on snowy days?


Thanks for dropping by!  
Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Jennifer! I came across your blog from Mountain Top Spice and I'm so glad I did. I just started blogging back in December. I live in North Idaho and homeschool my 10 year old son. I am really looking forward to reading your posts!

September Violets said...

Good Evening Jennifer! Love that shot of your cabin in the swirling snow :) Our weather has been rather dismal this winter. We had a couple of good snow storms, but sadly they were followed by heavy rains. I like to make a big mug of tea, and read or knit on a snowy day. Have a great week!
Wendy xox

Linda Shukri said...

Thanks for sharing your snowstorm, Jennifer! I kind of miss the snow now since living in the south (SC) for 1.5 years. It's such a different climate from living in Massachusetts & the 9 years my husband and I lived in Canada/PEI. He doesn't miss shoveling! We are enjoying very mild winters now. This is our 2nd one and the wonders of flowering plants all year! It does get cold - down in the 20s & 30s (F) as it did recently. The only thing I can't tolerate is the high heat in the summer. I can't sit out in it at all. Very thankful for central air. Be warm. Be safe! and enjoy the winter beauty in your cozy house! :-)

Sunshine Country said...

After living in Florida for 13 years, I still find myself adjusting to spending so much time indoors during the winter! I was used to gardening winter crops in January. :) I like your thoughts of sending letters...things have become so digital in recent years, that I miss getting "real" letters in the mail. You've encouraged me to perhaps surprise a friend or two of mine by sending them something nice in the mail. :)

Margie said...

I love sending and receiving happy mail! When I was in my 20s, I used to write letters to friends once a week. I had wayyyy to much time on my hands back then. HA!

Mary Stephens said...

It has been awhile since we had a snowy day where we are in Texas! But, the first time I remember seeing great big fluffy flakes like feathers from a pillow falling outside was after my family had moved back to Michigan from California. It was so amazing. It was hard to believe the flake clusters could get that big! :-)

Here, I like to go out and take some photos if I'm feeling up to it when it snows. We get so little. :-) It's also nice to have a fire in the wood stove to keep the house warmer. We don't light it much any more.

I used to love to send and receive letters in the mail. I miss that, actually.