Monday 17 July 2017

Do You Love Bugs?


Hello!  Do you love bugs?  I must say that I'm not a huge fan of bugs, but there are some that I do really like.  It is absolutely incredible all the different varieties and species of bugs that God has created!  I'm always discovering new varieties just in the environment I am in.

Bees are one of my favourite bugs...not wasps or hornets, but bumble bees and honey bees, and little tiny pollinating bees.  I find them fascinating to watch as they fly from flower to flower. 


Here a sweet little bee has discovered the daisies that have just begun to bloom in my perennial flower bed. 

Below is one of my "not' favourite bugs.  It's a June Bug, and I just detest them.  They like to fly into my hair and they always get their legs tangled up.  They also bite...I'm not a fan of biting bugs. 

But for this day it looked so interesting on the daisy.


Next I am happy to share with you some pictures that my daughter took of some sweet bugs.  

She has just the best micro mode on her camera!


We have had an abundance of aphids in our yard, and are happy that there are some native lady bugs and some that we released into the yard to deal with them.  


I must say that Lady Bugs are one of my all time favourite bugs.  I just love to watch them crawl around and fly about the yard.  

Also knowing that they are helping to fight the battle with the aphids that have been attacking both trees and gardens this year.  


My son found this interesting worm today that came out of one of the spruce trees.  He carried it around watching it creep on his hand before releasing it back on the tree.  


My son also discovered this absolutely amazing moth!  We have them on our spruce trees and today he was able to gently capture one without damaging it's wings.  

He is so furry and I love his antenna. 


Do you love bugs?  

If so what are your favourites?  and not so favourites?

I hope you have a wonderful day and perhaps find some time to watch the bugs.




3 comments:

God's Grace Overflows said...

Define bugs?! Ha! Nope, I don't really like the biting kind either. I don't care for blister bugs, as they destroy everything in its path and they bite! Ouch! Oh and nats and flies...they are annoying and they bite too!
I must say Lady bugs are my favorite also! They may be small, but they are mighty! ;)

I hope you are enjoying your Summer!

Hugs, Amy

Danielle Dunn said...

Some are cute and some are not...lol.

handmade by amalia said...

I don't mind bugs in nature, I have a horror of them at home.
Amalia
xo