Thursday 11 May 2017

A Dainty Hanky


HI!  I'd love to share with you something my girls and I made for my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day.

Of course a cup of tea in a pretty tea cup (thanks Judith) was in order as I worked on the crocheted edging.  


My girls and I worked to make some new hankies for her.  Something you couldn't buy at Walmart.  

For each we hemmed the fabric.  Then we used an embroidery needle to do a blanket stitch around the edge. With that in place we each added a different edge to each hanky.  There were a couple more that were finished after this picture that made it in the package. :) 

Below, I also made up a couple with lace ribbon.  


We hope she enjoys them, even if it's just for blowing her nose. ~smiles~


With the hankies, we sent this card.  She loves red and vibrant colours as well, so we thought this would suit her.  I used a piece of patterned paper with the flowers on it on which I layered a piece of lovely red paper that I was gifted along with the lovely creamy textured pressed paper.  

To this was added some orange twine and some crocheted flowers and the pearls as the finishing touch.  


You can see the feathered paper better in the picture below.  It adds such a nice delicate detail.  


Thank you for dropping by!  I pray you have a lovely day! 



Sharing also with Word Art Wednesday.



7 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I know your mother will love the handkerchiefs, they're so pretty and useful. There is always one in my purse, and one from a fellow blogger who found an antique blue and white with my name embroidered on it.
The card is lovely too, you gals are talented.
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful!!! She will be so happy.��

Holly said...

those are so lovely. I think those are such thoughtful and cherishable gifts. you ladies have impeccable needle skills!

Holly said...

those are so lovely. I think those are such thoughtful and cherishable gifts. you ladies have impeccable needle skills!

Holly said...

those are so lovely. I think those are such thoughtful and cherishable gifts. you ladies have impeccable needle skills!

Natalie said...

Love the delicate edging around those hankies! You are so talented (and your girls as well!) Your mother-in-law will love them I'm sure! The card is pretty, too! Did you make the crochet flowers, too? They are so sweet. Thanks again for sharing with us at WAW! Blessings!

Jo Ann said...

Lovely card! The crocheted flowers make it perfect. Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com