Saturday 30 May 2015

Some Lovely Things


Hello friends! Today I have a bit of a picture collage for you today for a glimpse of some of what I've been up to this past time that I've been quiet.  The Lord Jesus has been so good to me!

First are a couple cards that made just for fun.  For some reason these images caught my eye.  They're from Ephemera's Vintage Garden.


Then I was inspired to crochet a shawl with the yarn a wonderful friend of mine gifted me with.
It's so soft and warm. :)


Then there has been the regular enjoyment of fresh butter making and the buttermilk to go with it.


Homemade vaseline for those sore dry spots or I add essential oils to make my own vicks.


Monkey balls anyone?  I love making cinnamon rolls this way.


I finally learned to make fluffy bread. :) Just add less flour (since I don't sift mine) I know it's one of those things that the recipe calls for, but I ignore. :(


Then I learned to make my own wet pipes and glass cleaner wipes.  I used some containers that a friend didn't want anymore from her Lysol Wipes.  They work great!


These are the ingredients I used to make these wipes, and I added essential orange oil to the glass ones.


Then I ran out of washing soda...then couldn't find any in any of the stores in town.  SO I learned to make my own. :)Very easy.  400F for almost an hour and that's it.


My children spoiled me for mother's day and my girls gave me wonderful cards that they made themselves.  Such a treasure!



Well that's it for now.  I will be posting more this coming month because I'll be guest designing for a wonderful blog.....so do check back this coming week to see. :) 
Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

So lovely to see a new post from you, my friend!
Lots of fun goodness happening in your world! Thank you for sharing it!
I look forward to learning more about your guest DT spot! :o)

living from glory to glory said...

So glad to see all that you have been doing to make life fun and yummy and special. Your shawl is so pretty, and all your plants on your shelves look happy in the sunshine. Blessings, Roxy
Your girls did a great job on the cards for you!

*Vicki* said...

So many lovely things to see on your post my friend! :) That butterfly design is so soft and pretty!! Yum, and goodies too? You've been busy!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!! HUGS

Tracy said...

Goodness you've been busy. Your cards are lovely and just look at all those DIY goodies that you've been making. You are so talented. :-)oodness you've been busy. dness you've been busy