Friday 17 April 2015

Some Sweet Gifts


Hello! I'd like to share with you a few cards I've made lately.  This first one was created for a friend of mine.  I wanted something simple and so I chose to use this cut out from a paper sheet with a bunch of great images on it. All I did was layer it over some decorative papers, added some seam binding and ribbon with a pearled crochet flower.  Then I made the inside (below) to compliment the front.


This second card I made for a friend's wedding.  I wanted something simple and not too fussy, with a touch of the wild to it.  So I used some paper from Momenta and created a kinda chair rail with it.  To hide the seam, I added some simple lace.  To add a special touch to the card, I also made the inside to compliment the front. But switched the papers.



Here is a pic of the blanket that I made to go along with the wedding card above.  This couple loves the northern lights so I made them a blanket that reminded me of the dancing lights surrounded by the night sky.  This is the biggest blanket I've ever made and hope it's big enough for them to snuggle under comfortably as they watch the northern lights someday. :)


Thanks for dropping by! Praying you have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

the blanket you have made is a gift this couple is going to treasure! you are so talented! :)

and I love your cards, too. what pretty papers and trims!

thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog. I had to race right over here to let you know how much it meant to me. :)

enjoy your weekend!

Esther Asbury said...

What beautiful cards! I love that you decorated the inside as well as outside! Both are so very lovely!

I'm sure your crocheted gift will be treasured for years to come!

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards, Jennifer! That afghan look so pretty and cozy! :o)

Tracy said...

Well you sure have't lost your card making skills. :-) Both of them are lovely and what a special gift that blanket is going to be for them. Hugs!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Jen! What a gorgeous card. Thanks again for your email, and for inviting me to stop by and see all your latest creations. Your girls are SO blessed to have such a wonderful Proverbs mother who can teach them SO many things.....but most importantly to live for the Lord. I am so blessed to have your friendship, and I praise God for sending you into my life. Have a very blessed week, my friend
Karen

Danielle Dunn said...

All are pretty!!! I'm sure they will love the blanket!

*Vicki* said...

Hello Jennifer! ;) Thanks for stopping by!! I love your beautiful cards!! They are soft and pretty!! The blanket looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations here!! Hope all is good with you!