Tuesday 14 April 2015

A Mini Sewing Room Re-Do

Today I'd like to share with you a mini sewing room re-do.  


Just a bit ago I was gifted with this old sewing room in a book that had been a gift for a quilting lady.   She was looking for a new home for it.  It was a bit tattered and needed a little tlc.  The moment I saw it I thought of a dear friend of mine and fixed it up as a gift for her.  

I took off the tags on the binding of this "book" 


Cool shot of the pages.


Here is the inside of it when I opened it up...what a treasure!


I was checking it out and taking pictures of it on my bed while my son played legos beside me.
One of my son's was so upset that he couldn't keep it and play with it.  I said we could make him something like it one day...and he said, "make it a truck garage Mom" so that may be up coming. :)


So after some cleaning, glueing and adding a couple touches such as some thread to the mini spools (sorry I forgot a pic of those and the mini scissors in the sewing basket) and a bouquet of flowers on the mini quilts in the far right basket.


It was finished.  Wouldn't this be a delightful little sewing space?



I used some material left overs from making my son's pillow cases.  This pattern is called Recipe for Friendship....as you can see on the bottom of the "book" binding.  I also used some lace to cover the edges and give it a sweet touch.


My friend loves little mice and this sweet image by From the Heart Stamps is one of my favourites and I knew she'd love it.  So I made up a little note for the inside for her.  Tacked it up with some sewing pins on the inside cover.
I also put a couple pieces of velcro on the edges to help the book stay shut better.


 This was such a joy to do and love how it turned out.
Thanks for dropping by! Praying you are having a beautiful day!

8 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh, Jennifer, SEW cute!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Wow -- that is soooo adorable!! You did a great job sprucing it up and making it look so warm and cozy! What a great gift!

living from glory to glory said...

Hey...
This is just so cute, I love teeny tiny so much. I know your friend will just love it! You could enter that in your state fair and win a ribbon. I think making a truck garage for your son would be cute also, but a sewing room how adorable is that!
Hugs to you!!
Roxy

Jenée said...

What a sweet and charming gift. You did a great job of refurbishing the book. You will definitely have to look for mini items for the "garage" and share the finished project with us. Such a talented lady you are and a beautiful person.

Danielle Dunn said...

So nice. Ulrike loves it! :)))))

Tracy said...

I've never seen anything like that. How cool. You polished it up so prettily. I'm sure this will be a treasure to your friend. Hugs!

Nancy said...

How wonderful! I have several miniature rooms but have not seen one in a book. It's absolutely charming! You did a lovely job! :o)

TrishB said...

Very sweet!