Saturday 1 October 2011

Jumping in the Leaves

Today I have another fall card to share with you.  This image of a girl jumping in the leaves from Broken Box Stock (a freebie!) to me is so joyful.  It is so much fun to rake a big pile of leaves together and then take turns jumping in and throwing them into the air!  It is so worth the work it entails.  For me with all my children, their sheer delight sparkling in their eyes makes it all worthwhile! It doesn't matter how old you are, you should at least send a few of your own leaves soaring into the fall winds.
I had fun distressing the edges and I added just a hint of sponged ink to around her legs just because of falling debree!  I also created a fringe on the ribbon to kinda make it look like the ends of a scarf.  You do need one with the chilly bite in the air!  Also to note, I used Prismacolor Pencil crayons to colour the image and then I used baby oil and blending sticks to finish it off.
I am entering this card in:
Designed 2 Delight's saturday challenge - use coloured pencil. 
The Stamping Boutique's Changing of Seasons challenge - summer to fall
The Scrapbook Sisters - Leaves
Supplies:
Stamp:  Digi image Jumping in the leaves girl - Broken Box Stock and sentiment from DDH hello seasons set.
Papers:  Stampin' Up and misc cardstock
Ink: Ink It Up - chocolate brown
Accessories:  Ribbon by So-Facile

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun and cheerful card, Jennifer! Yes, definitely JOYFUL, and that always appeals to me! Love the bits of "scarves" peeking out...so cute! Nothing like the smell and sound of those crunchy piles of leaves! Thanks so much for sharing this one!...Nancy :o)

dstandard said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Melissa said...

What a FUN card! Makes me smile just looking at it! :) :) A perfect image for autumn too! Thanks for playing along with us at The Stamping Boutique!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! So much fun! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique...

Sandy
DT (The Stamping Boutique)
Kelowna BC Canada