Monday 4 September 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Do You Have Lists?

 


Hello!
How is your day?
As September begins 
so does a lot of things.
There was snow on the mountain this week 
as the temps dropped and the rain came.
The leaves are changing and the frosts
are starting to leave lovely patterns 
for us in the mornings.

I had my birthday a couple days ago
and was gifted some thoughtful gifts.
Some new oven mitts as mine are getting thin.
They're beautiful blue and white to match my kitchen.
Some lovely smelling soap,
and a beautiful new pad for my grocery lists.
If you know me, you know I'm a list person.
So this new pad will be delightful to use.
Are you familiar with Wrendale designs?
It is one of my favourite companies
with their delightful array of birds and animals.


With fall comes new jobs.
I cleaned out the sunroom 
of all the sand of summer and put things
back in their place.
I brought in some of the flowers 
to keep them out of the frosts
for a little while longer.
I also brought some mint 
that will go into some nice 
cups of tea.


As I was moving the flowers
I noticed that the chamomile had a few more blossoms.
So I think this is the last of them for the season. 
I have just placed them in this pretty dish
to dry for tea.
This morning I am having a lovely blend of
chamomile, calendula, peppermint, & fireweed green
tea with cream.
I'm getting more used to tea that is unsweetened.


A new carnivore meal that I made is
meat pizza.
I spread a thin layer of hamburger
covered with diced pepperoni
and topped with some grated marble cheese.
It was delicious and I am thinking 
of all the variations we could make.
It will be a good meal to use up leftover meat.


My husband took me on another 
lovely day trip.
We took our new to us camper truck.
We drove out to this amazing lake and stopped 
at the campground there for a meal and a nap.


There was a sweet little pathway from the campsite to the lake.


I just love the mountain views 
that you can see from the road.


The peaceful sound of the waves on the 
rocky shore made me want to 
stay there for hours.


What have you been up to as fall 
has been coming around?

I hope you have a beautiful day 
keeping your home! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

No comments: