Monday 12 September 2022

Homemaking Mondays: Re-Creating Things We Love

 


Hello! 
How is your day going?
It's a lovely day here and homeschool lessons are over.
The boys are out into the fresh crisp air to play.
It was very frosty here and all along 
the far side of the lake was brilliant white.

One of our homeschool assignments
has been to take a picture we see and to re-create it.
I found the picture below on Pinterest
and thought it resembled my kitchen stove so
the picture above was my re-creation of this picture.
There  is something about cozy kitchens that have 
homemade touches to them that draw me in.
On the stove I put out my buttermilk and yogurt that I had 
although soon I'll have kefir culturing on the counter as well.

I think that in all our homes we 
all re-create things we love.
Like special spaces that we have always wanted to have.
Things that remind us of childhood, 
or just special things that bring us comfort and have for years.


The weather has been so lovely as of late.
Cool but sunny and just a bit of rain here and there.
Perfect days to sit for awhile in the hammock and enjoy.
There are more ducks coming to the lake and 
soon they'll be gathering in earnest to head south.

I've got most of the garden taken care of and will be 
pulling the last of it in the next couple days.
A bittersweet end to the summer.


One other little touch I gave the kitchen is a new basket 
that I've hung up on little cup hooks 
to hold the oven mitts off the counter.
Nothing fancy but it's been really helpful!


The new oven we have is bigger then the last
and I'm so happy that I can proof more bread in it. 
No, you can't bake it like this or the bottoms burn
but it does help things along on bread day.


One other thing I've done this fall 
is to bring in these three geraniums from
the summer garden bed.
I thought the plain green pots were a bit dark.
So...I pulled out these cute little wooden baskets I had.
I gave them a couple coats of chalk paint 
and now it is nice and bright and cheery next to the table.


Inside the one pot it crackled really well and I thought it was pretty.
Too bad it had to be covered up.  
Oh, and I lined the baskets with heavy ziploc bags cut down to 
size so that we don't have to worry about any spills on top of the stove.


Thanks for dropping by! 
I hope you have a wonderful day in your
homemaking!

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer


2 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

What a lovely visit!
I think your picture turned out better than the Pinterest inspiration photo.
Sadly, my milk kefir grains got blended in a smoothie and drank up. I miss them!
Thank you for sharing the details about your pesto buns in your last post. I made some similarly a couple days ago. Boy, are they a treat!

Margie said...

Love the copper kettle!

I also like the basket holding the oven mitts...may have to try this in my kitchen.