Monday 25 July 2022

Homemaking Mondays: Summer Beauty Inside and Out

 


Hello! 
I hope you are enjoying a lovely summers day! 
Today the sun is shining although 
yesterday the clouds let down a good deal of rain.
We need both.

This week I've been pausing to enjoy the beauty 
both inside and outside that summer is bringing. 

This week I was working on painting the tray above. 
It was dark brown and I wanted something brighter.
My children had given me that thankful sticker and I had 
yet to find a place for it. 
It was like an accordion and I didn't get it quite centred. 
SO....I'm going to try to find some other sweet sticker to 
compliment it and fill up the space to the right. 
For now it looks lovely sitting on my counter
with my cloth napkins and a plant.  

Outside the garden and flowers are doing really well. 
This year I planted both herbs and flowers in the pots by the front door. 
I really enjoy this mix and time spent picking herbs
or deadheading flowers makes me smile. 
The snap dragons are growing well but haven't gotten their 
second round of blossoms out yet. 
I've been picking chamomile flowers for tea, 
then parsley, oregano, sage, and thyme for cooking.
The blue and pick pansies are such a delight with their cute faces
showing no matter the weather. 


Then it's fun to to to the greenhouse to see what little
bits we can harvest each day. 
It adds such colour and flavour.
The big tomatoes are growing nicely and I hope for some 
more sunshine to hopefully get them to ripen up.


In the outdoor garden beds the peas are blooming and starting to grow pods.
One of my favourite garden veggies to snack on. 
The wire fencing we found is holding them up nicely even with the winds.
It dropped down super cold this past week and frosted
some gardens not too far from us. 
I am thankful that our garden was not harmed.


Inside the plants are blooming as well.
My daughter's geranium next to her desk 
was almost dead and then it came back and is 
so beautiful!


I just love the look of the shadows the lacy curtains 
throw onto the geranium leaves.


All of our geraniums are blooming and they bring
a wonderful burst of colour to the inside of the home. 


We had the pleasure of visiting some friends this week.
It was a drizzly rainy day and the bugs were out in military force.
Inside their home was a welcome retreat 
sitting next to their lovely wood stove sharing time together.
I snapped this picture of their
adorable birdhouse!


They live off grid in a gorgeous place.  
Below is a view from their place. 


They live next to a creek and have a bridge
they built to get across to the spring 
where they get their water.
It was so nice for them to share a bit of 
their world with us. 


Thank you so much for dropping by! 
I pray you have a blessed day!

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Chrissy T said...

The tray turned out pretty! I am a homeschool mama too!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello!! Glad you are enjoying the warmer summer months and your beautiful flowers. And your little gems of your garden harvest! Cool photo of the lace pattern on the leaf! Blessings, Roxy

Lily said...

What a beautiful little post! Thank you for sharing a bit of your life!

Blessings,
~ Lily