Monday 10 January 2022

Homemaking Mondays: Treats and Cold Days

 


Hello! 
Fun things to do on cold days! 
It's been down in the -40's C and we needed something sweet! 
Of course there is always hot chocolate....
but cookies...yes please! 
I made some short breads and used a rubber stamp to add some
designs to it. 
Then I made some cookie dough and cooked it in 
mini muffin tins. 
Then as they came out of the oven I pushed a mini aero 
chocolate into the top to melt.  Yum! 

Then there are the brave kids out doing 
tea throws as the sun hovered over the trees.


The one back door we have was covered in lovely frost
and we covered the door with a wool blanket to help keep the cold out. 


I found a couple new rugs at the Dollorama in town. 
These are a bit more like the colours in my kitchen and
add a nice fresh feel to the room. 
I really like braided rugs and they make it so much 
nicer to stand in the kitchen while doing
cooking and washing dishes.
Plus the dog loves to lay on one while supervising 
the making of dinner. :) 


Thank you for dropping by! 
I hope you are staying warm this winter. 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh how lovely to enjoy a sweet treat with your hot beverage... but those temps are really really cold! We had minus temps here for a few days, and it was great when it warmed back up into the normal temps for our area again. Your new rug is so nice, always fun to get something special that adds a delightful cozy feel to the home! How fun to take the picture of the tea being thrown in the air, that is gorgeous! Great capture! We have had a lot of snow here this year, and then some rain, and now... ice. Tis winter, after all! I am enjoying a cup of tea as I read your post today. Blessings and hugs to you!

Margie said...

Oooh, the cookies with the mini Aero chocolates look so good!

Great finds at Dollarama. Last summer, I bought a rug from Dollarama that said "Keep Calm and Drink Tea".

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I thought your shortbread was so pretty, how smart to use a rubber stamp to make it so unique. And boy oh boy is that cold!
So nice you found a braided rug as they are so cozy and thick! One time we crocheted braided rugs with old sheets, it was really fun.
Hugs, Roxy

Linda Shukri said...

Yummy cookies! When we kids were growing up, my mom used to make her own braided rugs of wool strips. I tried doing it once, but didn't get very far. She made several. A large one for our living room floor too. I don't know what happened to them. Maybe they got worn out and tossed.

Sunshine Country said...

I love shortbread! I don't make it often because I try to be sparing with our butter, but it's been so long that seeing yours makes me want to try making some again sometime soon. Looks like fun to do those tea throws. I've never seen anything quite like that before. Thank you for sharing!