Monday 24 May 2021

Homemaking Mondays: Sometimes Waiting is Hard

 


Hello! 
Sometimes waiting is hard. 
Yes...in many different aspects of life. 
Today as I went to check on my greenhouse 
and clear the roof of water pockets 
from last night's rain...
I passed my pot collection. 
They are all waiting for their flowers and herbs.
The weather has been quite cool this spring 
and it's going to take longer to 
safely put out the plants. 
Below I bought a new planter to go on at the top
of the steps to the front door.
I hope to have sweet peas there to smell nice as you come in.  


The plants coming up on their own 
are slow coming as well.
The chives in the one garden bed,
some delphiniums in another. 


Then I have some happy little garlic sprouts 
that have come up. 
Little bits of joy to make our 
gardener hearts to smile.
There is new life in the spring. 
It gives us pause to observe it's beauty.


Here are some of the flowers and berries 
waiting to be planted. 
Some new kinds to try
and then my beloved pansies. 
There were not many blue varieties this year
and I'm glad I could snag these ones.  


They are covered with a frost blanket at night in the greenhouse
just to make sure they don't freeze.  


Some of the garden space we have 
is quite old and has not been used for some time.
The grass, trees, and weeds have taken over.
Yesterday my daughter helped me clear and dig up one section
of an old bed to plant some raspberries in. 
As time will allow in the future 
I hope to clean up the other beds to be used as well.
These raspberries are from a dear friend's yard.  
Planting them in memory of her. 
It has been a treasured thing for my children to 
pick her raspberries. 


After checking on the greenhouse 
I wandered down to the lake's edge.
It's a bit of a cool day with rain
so peaceful though. 
Sometimes the clouds feel like a blanket.
The comfort of the Lord is here
when days are hard, when there are struggles. 


Psalm 27:14

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, 
and he shall strengthen thine heart: 
wait, I say, on the LORD."

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I enjoyed seeing your plants that are waiting and the little garlic's already outdoors. It is interesting to see how different our seasons are because of the distance between our latitudes.:)