Monday 18 January 2021

Homemaking Mondays: Just for You and Cupcakes to!

 


Hello! 
Praying your day is going well...
or perhaps you will just find some small thing 
that makes you smile.

I made some cards this week with a couple special someones in mind.
I know it's winter...but the bright cheerfulness of flowers won out for me. 
I also had some lovely little wooden birds that were begging to fly.

It's been not so cold here thus far this year.
We still enjoy our winter pancakes though.
My one syrup jar broke so I've taken to 
using the creamer from my tea set. 

We make our own brown sugar syrup 
with some maple syrup mixed in.


This weekend my daughters made some 
delightful and delicious cupcakes.


They made wacky cake
with buttercream icing.


Here is another of the cards I made.
There's always a reason to smile.


I've also been dreaming of spring. 
Below is the greenhouse at the place we live.
It is in need of some TLC.
It is my dream to put plastic over it and 
start growing things. 
It'll be a few months before anything can be done.
My son measured it at 16x 20.
Lots of room for tomatoes, cucumbers,
squash, and beans...and then 
anything else I find to tuck in there.

I have all have all the seeds I need for the garden this year.
In a few weeks there will be seedlings reaching for light 
in the windows...waiting...waiting
for spring.


Praying you have a beautiful day! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness that is a lot of snow. Beautiful cards, I love the wooden birds.

Linda Shukri said...

It's so neat to have a greenhouse you can use! Even though it needs some work to be useable. love it!