Sunday 15 July 2018

The Making of Rose Water


Hello!  
Today I'd love to share with you about the making of rose water. 
There is regular rose water (or tea) and a hydrosol.  
I would have like to do a hydrosol, which is a distillation of the rose water...but my lid didn't cover well enough to keep the moisture in and drip into the bowl.  
So, all is not lost!  We just strained the water and will use it like that. 


Firstly we picked the wild roses from around our yard.  
Then plucked off all the petals and put the stems in another bowl.
They kinda look cool still without the petals.


Then we put the petals in the pot with a bowl in-between them.
Filled up the pot with water until the petals were even with the bowl rim.
Set the pot to heating and waited for the steam. 


When we were all done, like I mentioned above.  We strained the petals out and were left with this very fragrant and golden water!  


Do you make things like this? Do share! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

I bet it smells divine, I love the smell of roses.