Monday 20 February 2017

Medicine Cupbard Baskets


Hello!  Look what I found at a garage sale!  Yup two kinda used but very sturdy baskets.  I have a thing for baskets and these were perfect for something I wanted to do.  You see my medicine cupboard has things that like to come falling out when you open the door.  Do you ever have that problem?  Well I wanted to contain things a bit better and these baskets were what I had been looking for.

I find that sometimes if I just wait for awhile the Lord provides things I need for a better deal than buying them brand new.


I have been saving a piece of cork board I'd found for awhile...for just a time as this. :)  I cut out two sections and squished them down to the bottom of the baskets.  This makes a nicer flatter not as slippery surface for the contents I wanted to put in there.

Next I pulled all the things out of my two shelves I use for "medicine".  I filled up one basket with homeopathic medicines and extra pills for allergies.  The next I put in my essential oils, cough syrups, and supplements.


The baskets didn't go side by side like I had hoped, or straight in like I though would be best.  So, I put one on each shelf and tucked in the other items around them.  

As I have been using it this way I find that it works great for us.  Plus the delightful fact that I can open up the cupboard and nothing falls out at me. :)  



Thank you so much for dropping by!  May you have a blessed day!

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


SaveSave

3 comments:

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a great idea! I would have to find extremely thin baskets for them to fit in my medicine cabinets. But I love the idea! Actually..you know what I use for my boys cabinet? Velvetta cheese boxes. They are skinny enough to fit and the boys put their things in each one. So, its a win for less things falling out too! ;)

My hubby was smart and put two cabinets in our bathroom. One for me, one for him. Lots of mirrors and lights to see too!

I hope you enjoy your day!

Hugs, Amy

Danielle Dunn said...

They are much nicer in the cupboard. :) they match the wood to!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, It is so nice when the Lord just provides what we need to make things nice and neat! I use a lot of baskets in my home, as they look cozy and homey. Sometimes I will spray paint them! I also like the velvetta boxes for sewing items and in my frig for extra small packages of grated cheese or crushed red peppers when we buy pizza!

Blessings to you, dear friend!!
Hugs, Roxy