Wednesday 21 September 2016

Laundry Today


Hello!  I'd just like to share with you a little sign that I bought from my local Farmer's Market.  It was from a lady who used reclaimed Yukon wood and hand stencilled the sayings on them.  I loved so many of her signs, but this one just stood out to me.  I love the saying and as we do need to do lots of laundry in our home, I thought it would make a great sign for the laundry area.

Many people complain about laundry, but I don't mind it at all.  I am thankful to have the laundry for it's a sign that I have been blessed with a wonderful family.  I enjoy making laundry soap (although my younger daughter made it for me last time).  Folding laundry is fun with lots of helping hands, and even searching for those "missing" socks. :)  I even don't mind ironing....but I don't do much of that.

I absolutely love hanging clothes out on the clothesline and watching them dry in the sun and breeze. They have such a wonderful smell when they are dried that way.  Since we don't like to air our undergarments out in "public" I have been blessed with a small pull out clothesline thing indoors.

Laundry is a wonderful way to serve our families and we need to learn to enjoy the simple things and not to see them as a burden.   It is a wonderful calling that women have in being keepers at home.  Joy in the simple things, and if you're able...many hand make light work.  No matter how small the children are they like to be included in this task.  I love training up my kids to care for themselves and others in this simple pleasure called laundry.

Thanks for dropping by! May the Lord bless you and your laundry room!

Sharing with the Art of Homemaking Mondays.


SaveSave

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Love this sign. Well written post.

Danielle Dunn said...

Lol the sign was what caught my eye and of course we had to get it! :))) I like doing laundry (sometimes) especially if everybody helps.