Saturday 6 August 2016

20 Years and Counting


Hello! I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful summer day.  I have a card to share with you that I made for my husband for our 20th wedding anniversary.  I used some paper odds and ends, some blue satin ribbon and some crochet flowers with rhinestone gems.

My husband and I when we got married picked a verse that we shared in our vows.  Psalm 62:6 "He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved."  We wanted our marriage and home to be built no the Rock of Christ Jesus the Lord.  20 years later, we're still there on that rock and we are blessed!  Many storms have come and gone, but one thing remains the same.  The Lord is our strength and keeps us in all times.

For our anniversary, my husband took me out on a date.  A rare thing for us, but a treasured thing.  We went out to eat at a nice quiet roadside restaurant, then out for ice cream.  I got to try Gelato ice cream for the first time...yes, I'm hooked.  It was so good.  Then we walked around together and enjoyed the drive.  I love that man!

I hope you all have a lovely day! Sharing with Word Art Wednesday!



SaveSave

5 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! :)))

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card and I loved hearing about your anniversary date. That's fantastic. Having your marriage built on the Rock, sure helps weather those storm inevitable life-storms doesn't it? Congratulations on reaching this great milestone anniversary and thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Stephanie
WAW DT

Gail said...

Happy Anniversary! I love my man and I love God - Jesus is our Rock and always will be - He gets us through each day - thanks for sharing your story - sounds like a nice 20th Anniversary to me! Blessings! TFS our lovely art work at WAW challenge - I wish you the best in the draw! Enjoy your week!

God's Grace Overflows said...

Happy Anniversary! What a milestone for sure and that's a perfect scripture to live by!

Love your cards! They are so nice! :)
Enjoy your week Jennifer!
Hugs, Amy

Tracy said...

Those hand made flowers are the perfect something special on this wonderful card. Happy anniversary. May God bless you with many more!