Friday 27 May 2016

A Place to Lay My Head



Hello! Today I'd like to share with you a couple pillow cases that I made for a sweet young lady.

I used a piece of a pretty floral sheet that had been torn in half, and some pretty eyelet lace bedskirt.  I sewed a strip of rickrack on the seam.  Something pretty to sleep on.





I also found this pretty and soft shawl that I folded and sewed to make another pillowcase and then the cloth covered buttons on each side button up those sections.  This will make a really warm and snuggly addition to the winter bed.


It's fun to find things that can be altered to make something else that's useable.  I hope she dreams sweet dreams while using these!

Thank you for dropping by!  I'd love to hear of things that you like to alter.

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.