Saturday 4 August 2012

What kind of Fruit do you have?

My family has been learning about this kind of fruit.  How each of these kinds of fruit are seen in our lives as we follow after Christ Jesus the Lord.  May we continue to seek after this fruit that glorifies our Lord!
I have created this card for Word Art Wednesday's challenge this week.  And I have used a scripture word art I got free from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique a while back and a wonderful postcard image from Esther at Shoregirl's Creations.  I've layered these over some wonderful paper from Momenta an added some lace and ribbon and buttons from my stash.  A little bit of inking and some faux stitching to finish it off.
Do check out Word Art Wednesday for some wonderful encouragement and inspiration!

9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Jennifer: I pray that my fruit is good, that others will see Jesus by my fruit, and that God is glorified by my fruit. The Bible says we shall be known by it, so I really desire to have fruit that abounds to His account. Thanks for making me think about it. Always a blessing, my friend.

I hope you will consider linking this at Word Art Wednesday. We're having a double prize week with two great sponsors, and I also know that our DT would be blessed by seeing this. Thanks for sharing it.

Hugs,
Karen

Karen Letchworth said...

Woops, you already shared it with us. I visited your blog randomly without having been to WAW first. Well, it was still a great blessing to me. I hope it makes everyone who sees it really stop and think about their fruit. I would hate to have rotten apples falling off my branches. My fruit may get a little bruised now and then, but I hope I am able to get it to mature fully for His glory before it ever has a chance to rot and fall off. There are certain things we need to "pluck off our branches" in order to keep our fruit beautiful in His sight. You really challenged me, and I thank you.
Blessings,
Karen

Mary J said...

This is so elegant Jennifer! Gorgeous use of the yellow ribbon and the buttons so sweet!

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!
wonderful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

amber said...

oh, i love this card. love the lace/doily at the bottom of the card! so timely for me to see it at this moment. :) i've been praying that i would live a life that reflects the fruit that God has given. thanks for sharing! :)

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I like all you embellishments, but the verse as focal point is wonderful!!

Barbara Jean said...

This is just lovely....

blessings
barbara jean

Esther Asbury said...

Oh yeah -- you used some one of my freebies!! Your card turned out so pretty -- I'll be adding it to my gallery! Thanks for the link back to my blog!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

What a beautiful card and scripture. Nice to see Esther's pretty digital art work on there. ~ Abby