Sunday 18 July 2021

Homemaking Mondays: Summer Days

 


Hello! 
Summer days bring such delight.
The garden is starting to produce some more eatable items. 
It's fun to bring in herb bouquets to add to our meals.


Then there are the fridge pickles.  
I use a recipe from the Prairie Homestead Cookbook. 


Now the hard part is waiting until they're ready. 


The poppies are starting to bloom and it's beautiful 
the variety of colours that are coming out.


My family took a lovely trip 
to a nearby lake and the water is so high.  
The flooding is getting bad, and the wind 
blowing the waves against the shore 
is not helping matters. 
So beautiful though. 


Summer markets at the community centre have 
begun again, and I've got a table with 
some jams for sale.


With the summer days things seem to be moving at a different pace.
It is nice to just have some rest, but also 
to take the time for some things that can only be done in summer.
We've played some frisbee golf at our local community centre.
Spent time on the lake, 
picking wildflowers in the forest,
and just standing still to feel
the warm breeze on our faces. 

Summer is lovely when we stop to take note
of it's simple gifts. 
I love that the Lord has given such attention to 
the details of summer.

Thank you for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The herb bouquets and fridge pickles look so good.

Darla Mae said...

You're absolutely right, there are so many blessings and gifts...if we simply stop and enjoy them. Summer is meant to slow down, but we don't always do that. I know I'm guilty of rushing too much. I'm going to work on slowing down as much as I can to enjoy every lovely gift from God.

Darlene

Linda Shukri said...

So beautiful - everything!

Sunshine Country said...

I have never made refrigerator pickles, but really ought to try sometime since I do enjoy dill pickles quite a bit. Have you ever made freezer pickles? I did try that one year, and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty they were! Everyone in my family ate them like candy, so they didn't last long. :) The recipe I used was more of a sweet pickle, and I remember it used apple cider vinegar, onions, and sugar. I can't remember all of the other ingredients though. Hopefully I can find a similar recipe to use again sometime.

Margie said...

Forgive my ignorance, but what's that funky-shaped yellow vegetable in the first image? Squash?