Tuesday 12 August 2014

Wrapped in Mommy's Love


Hello Friends! Today is a personal post that I'd like to share with you.  Yesterday was my son's 5th birthday and it's bittersweet.  He's my baby, and I miss those little stages, and yet God has blessed me with an incredible son!  One who is all boy, yet gentle and caring.


From those first few moments after birth till now he's capturing my heart.  Just like all of my children have.  I cannot understand how people can have favourites?  They are all so wonderful and each one as special as the other.


Joel helped me create his cake.  He had some construction machine candles so he wanted grass (his favourite colour) and lots of chocolate "dirt". :)  He also likes pink, so the candle didn't need to be altered! LOL


He received lots of gifts, and I made him a quilt to warm him on cold nights.  One that compliments his brothers who he shares the room with.  Something boy durable, yet snuggly! LOL


Such a blessing children are from the Lord! Each one precious.  Each one to be trained up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6

8 comments:

Tracy said...

He is precious! Your special gift can't help but make him feel even more loved. Happy birthday Joel! Hugs!

Esther Asbury said...

What a special gift -- you did a lovely job on the quilt for your cute little guy!

*Vicki* said...

Oh now how precious is he!?!! With both of my boys so grown up (one is in college and the other on his way for his senior year!), it makes me really miss these days! Do enjoy them as they grow WAY too fast! HUGS

Danielle Dunn said...

He's awesome. :) He loves the quilt. :)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello. I just loved that blanket and I do know how long it took to make one:o)
It is so nice to see your blog! It just fits you! But I can see you have a sweet love for the Lord!
We will be so getting to know each other!
Yours, Roxy

Nancy said...

What a cutie he is! Your quilt looks fabulous, and I must say that his cake looks really yummy! :o)

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Such a beautiful and heartwarming post. I am so glad that you shared it. The quilts in the room are perfect. You have such a wonderful hime filled with love as you are a true Proverbs 31 woman.

SarahGeorge said...

You are such a precious mommy Jennifer:)