Tuesday 15 July 2014

Blessings!


Hello Friends! I'm finally back in what seems like forever! LOL  Today I have a card to share with you that I've created for the From the Heart Stamps freebie challenge, and I've used their sweet sketch challenge as well as inspiration.  I only used the sketch the time.  Do click on their links and check them out!
I'm sharing this card with Word Art Wednesday this week to. :)


This snowman is just adorable with his little birdie friend and I coloured them up with my Spectrum Noir markers. I used some sweet papers from Colorbok and a swatch of burlap and a misc button with twine.
I know that some of my friends are dealing with hot temps this summer, so here is some cool wishes for you!
It's actually been really cool here where I live, and I've been wanting some warmth so that my tomatoes will turn...if they don't, I'll be making some fried green tomatoes! :)
The front of my home is finally starting to look nice with the flowers blooming.  Last night the sky was just gorgeous as the sun set! I just had to take a pic before going to bed....at about 11:30! I love the long days of summer here in the Yukon!



So thank you for popping by to see me! I miss my crafting time, but life is full of wonderful things, like making making a hat for a friend in exchange for some very sweet little stamps that I hope to be sharing soon!  Here is my daughter modelling it for me. Something warm and funky.



Then there is some yummy baking we've been doing, like this cake my younger daughter made today.  The icing was a bit warm so it didn't turn out like she wanted, but it sure tasted GOOD!


There are other projects on the go and I get to working on them in between family needs and gardening.  Hope to have more to share with you all soon.
Praying you have a beautiful day! :)

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Great post, Jennifer! I appreciate the snowman, for sure! I'm ready for winter! lol
Your card is fabulous!
Thanks for sharing the great photos...and boy, would I ever like to have a piece of that cake! :o)

Esther Asbury said...

It's plenty hot where I live -- I'd be happy to share a little of it with you!
Cute card, hat, and beautiful cake! Glad you've been enjoying life and your family!

Tracy said...

So glad you're enjoying time with the girls. Hope Danielle's foot is getting lots better. Your card is so sweet, and yes, I could use some coolness down here. LOL Hugs!

Angela said...

Darling card...love the touch of burlap, it's perfect! Great photos too.... Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

Sandy said...

Wow! You had a great variety in your post today! The cake turned out beautiful, she did a great job. Your hat turned out great too. How fun to swap it for some stamps!!! Your card is just too cute! Something about snowmen that always melt the heart! Adorable!

Danielle Dunn said...

That cake was good. Maybe Jess and I'll share some. :) Card's cute and the hat turned out nice!

Imke said...

Jennifer, your card is adorable ! Love the brown colors and the burlap is a great accent.

Thanks for joining our SOTM July Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

And the cake....hhhmmmm i love cakes. Looks yummie :-)

Anonymous said...

That snowman is just perfect for me at the moment, it's been so cold here and lots of snow close by over the past week. It will be nice to see flowers again.
That cake looks so yummy and pretty too, and your daughter is a gorgeous model, Have a wonderful week
Hugs Julie P

Jo said...

Jennifer, your card is fabulous, I also love the touch of burlap, it really works.
Thank you for joining in with us at From The Heart Stamps for both of our challenges. Be sure to join in next time too eh? I hope so.
Jo xx

Stephanie said...

So so sweet, thanks for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps.

Kathy D. said...

Just had to stop by and say "hi". Miss seeing you all the time when the challenge/store closed so I thought I would see what your up to. Love the burlap used with the snowman. Loving seeing your cards over there. Take care. Kathy D.

Kelly Schelske said...

This is super duper cute! Thank you for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps!