Friday 20 December 2013

Apron Project in a Canister


Hello Everyone! Today I just have a little something to show you.  I made this gift in a canister for my daughter's birthday today.  I made up a kit for her to sew one of those new fancy aprons with.  It wouldn't fit in a mason jar so I pulled out a canister that I had that was new and awaiting a job.  So now it's her new sewing stash container.  I rolled up the fabric and tucked the other accessories around the edges.  Then I tucked a small container of skittles in the centre of the fabric so she'd have a sweet treat to snack on while she worked. :)  I had all kinds of ideas for the lid, but this seemed to be what stuck...and stuck it is since I hot glued it in place!  I used a doily that I bought at the dollar store and a few of my handmade crochet flowers that I added pearls and leaves to.  Then I picked a piece of lace that she has been eyeing in my craft room and stuck it around the rim of the lid.  It's simple but she loved it and I hope she makes lots of good use out of it!  and the apron since she's wonderful in the kitchen!


11 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow you have lots of talents Jennifer... love your crocheting, happy birthday to your daughter!

Sara S. said...

I thought this was adorable when I saw her birthday photo, and seeing it from other angles just confirms that. Gorgeous work Jennifer!

Danielle Dunn said...

I love the top, how you used the doily and the flowers!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Adorable creation. The doily and the double shaded flowers are perfect together.

My heartiest birthday wishes to your daughter.

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful canister Jennifer!! Happy birthday to your daughter and I'm sure she loved this! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for a great New Year my friend! :) HUGS

Sandy said...

This turned our great! I love the pretty doily with the crocheted flowers and how you added the ribbon around the edge of the lid. What a great gift idea!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Just popping by to say Merry Christmas! I wish you lots of peace, love and happiness in company of all your family! Bibiana

Debbie said...

This is a great gift for you daughter!! If she follows in your steps, she'll be very creative and make good use of it!!
(Dec 20 is my dad's birthday, too!)

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness, what a fantabulous gift idea!! *Ü* LOVE the crocheted doily and flowers on top as well. My 13 yr. old wants to be a chef so there's no such thing as too many aprons right? heehee. Gonna have to save this pic/post for her next bday. THANKS!!

Come join our monthly FREE DIGI challenge at Imagine That! Progressive Challenges*Ü*


~Kris, owner
Imagine That! Digis by Kris

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty way to do up a gift! I've seen these on Pinterest, but I think yours is the prettiest one yet!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift idea! One she will cherish for a long time, I am sure. I love beautiful and useful gifts and this is both!