Monday 30 October 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Frost and Focus

 


Hello!
I hope your homemaking day 
is going smoothly. 
It's a gentle morning here as the light 
slowly creeps into the sky. 
It's cloudy and we have a fresh dusting of snow.
I have a candle burning to give 
a touch of soft light to the room.
The curtains are now opened and
even through it's partway through the morning
the light begs to be noticed.
Such are winters in the north.
When you can wake up at a reasonable time
and still see stars shimmering in the sky.

A lovely part of winter here
is when the ice freezes before the snow comes.
This year it has frozen really hard and is very safe.
My children and I have been out enjoying 
skating all around the lake.
The one morning it was super foggy
and added a kind of cozy feel.
It just lightly touched you as you glided through it.
The ice wasn't clear anymore but like frosted glass.
I made it around the lake just a couple times
more then I used to so that was a win for me.
With this diet I'm finding I can physically do more and that is nice.
I'm 50 lbs down at 25 weeks on Carnivore.

Then while I waited for my kids to go around a couple more times,
I snuggled under a blanket and enjoyed the sounds 
of the lake as there was movement over it.
There was a grey jay that came down to keep me company.
Fresh and peaceful.


The day before the sun shone bright in a blue sky.
I took the chance to take some pictures of the frost in the sunlight.


It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord Jesus
has created such an intricate masterpiece
that stays for just a short season.
The snow crystals often blowing apart with a breeze
or melting in the brief sunshine.


I have added a couple more plants to my home.
Yes, I killed the one plant that was in this pot.
I love plants and have quite a few...but I can't keep them all alive.
I have learned that it's ok to fail at some things and to just move on.
This time I found a lovely ivy and tucked it in a new space in the house.
I have this lovely red table and added a large plate to the bottom supports.
Then I put a doily on top of that under the pot so it wouldn't slip around.
I hope it thrives here.


The other plants I added to my kitchen windows for now.
As the seasons change the kitchen windowsills change.
No more cut flowers from the garden.
Time for something a bit more green as the world outside turns white.
My violets are blooming purple and pink 
and they add a wonderful pop of colour as well.

It's been a week and just the bare minimum 
of household jobs have been done.
We've been out of the home more and then enjoying the outdoors.
So this coming week I'll need to focus on getting corners 
that had been neglected last.
If we leave some things too long it just builds up to 
a bigger job then need be.
An effort a day keeps failure away.

With homeschooling I have a stack of books 
that need to be looked through to decide on study projects.
I have that alongside my knitting so I can take breaks 
from one task and do the other. 
Very convenient so there is no excuse not to get it done. 
Sometimes I find I have to be more focused 
on managing my time. 
That is a challenge of being home.
We must be the ones to set our limits/boundaries
and then stick to them.

I hope you have a lovely 
homemaking day! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer



2 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

We had our first frost of the season this morning.
Ice skating sounds fun.
Congratulations on the weight loss, that is quite the accomplishment!
Yes, I let time get away from me everyday. I could do more if I quit getting distracted. I could, also, do more if I quit putting things off for later.

Antonio said...

I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.