Monday 6 November 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Rising In The Darkness

 


Hello!
What would you do on a dark winter morning?
Do you turn on all the lights and music to bring your 
home to life? or do you slowly ease into the day
with softness and quiet?
Perhaps with some tea or coffee?

Well...this morning 
I have picked up some new yarn my daughter gave me
and asked me to make her something.
It's a cowl and I am doing a couple rows
of knit and a couple of pearl to make it ribbed.
The colours remind me of coral in the ocean
with it's at times bright colours and others darker.
I was doing this as the day started today.
Not too many lights other then those that were needed.

Sometimes mornings are lovely when they 
are slowly started. 
No bright lights or loud sounds.
Just a gentle way to start the day.
Delightful with a cup of tea.

One little detail I added to the house this week
was this cute little mirror I found
at the free store.
I hung it above my yarn stash and it reflects 
a nice little touch of light in that darker corner.


I also found a couple baskets at the free store.
They were a bit dirty so I washed them up.
The one basket is a hamper size.
It's lovely and had some mold in the bottom.
SO...peroxide to the rescue. 
I just soaked it in the tub with peroxide and water.
Once it was dry I put it into our room.
It's a tad smaller then my regular basket
and that might be a good thing.
It'll prompt me to do it before it becomes 
too big for one load.
Do you overload your washer sometimes?
I am guilty of that. 


The other basket is a nice size with a handle...and 
it's going in my craft room to hold my current sewing projects. 
Do you have sewing work baskets? 
I find this helpful so that I don't pull out more then I can 
focus on and accomplish. 
It's easy for me to get overwhelmed with ideas 
and then get to where they don't get completed in a timely manner.
I spread out this handmade crocheted table cloth
(it's just for a small table).
I found it at the free store as well and it's lovely!
One day I dream of being able to make something like that.


Well the day is getting away from me.
So I'm off to get some lunch on for the family.

I hope you have a beautiful day!

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer


No comments: