Monday 27 November 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Rise and Shine!


Hello!
Rise and Shine!

this is what I tell my children when I get them up in the morning.

This particular morning (10:15ish)

long after we were up the sky turned into this amazing

show of vibrant colour as the sun was coming up.

It lasted only a few minutes before being swallowed up in the cloud 

and the day turned grey with heavy cloud.

What a blessing it was to watch the Lord greet us with a cheerful day! 

How do you greet your family? 

The first words we speak to our family need to be loving and cheerful.

It really does set the stage for the entire day. 

No matter the weather, or the circumstances

let us as the keepers of our home

start each day with pleasantness and joy.

This week I've enjoyed a new combination of 

my favourite carnivore foods.

Smash burgers with crispy oven bacon

topped with crispy fried eggs. 

I could have this for any meal.  

Nutritious and Delicious!

This week I found this beautiful puzzle at Walmart.

I really enjoy some of Thomas Kincade's artwork.

This morning I just put in the last piece...it was the last of 1000 pieces.

It was challenging with all the similar colours 

but that is one of the things that makes puzzles so enjoyable.

Puzzles in the home helps to challenge, engages problem solving and fine motor skills.

Plus time spent around the puzzle board is wonderful 

for sweet conversation with all who come for a look or to put in a piece.

Also just a note I use a cork board to put puzzles together on

as they are solid and can easily be moved (slid under a couch) 

when that space is needed for other things.


I do have lots of other projects still on the go.

More socks, the afghan, and the quilt

that is taking shape as time allows.


What wonderful things have your fingers found to do

this lovely new day?


Thank you for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,

Jennifer


2 comments:

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Are you doing the keto way of eating Jennifer? My husband and I have been doing it for years, and our health has improved drastically because of it. Dan's pre-diabetes has completely disappeared since we started doing that, and intermittent fasting too. The smash burgers look soo good! What a gorgeous sky! Oh I love it when the Lord blesses our day with His surprises in the skies! My mom loves putting puzzles together, she does it all winter long. Blessings to you dear friend!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Beautiful sunrise pictures!
My handiwork has been a doll dress that I am working on for my daughter.