Monday 4 December 2023

Homemaking Mondays: The Lord Provides for Even Simple Things

 

Hello!
I am always amazed at how the Lord 

provides for the simplest things that you would think

that he wouldn't find important.

I needed a frame for my puzzle that I just glued.

Then off to the free store I went for our regular dump day.

Just waiting for me was this frame.

I did have to cut the top of the puzzle down by an inch

but then it slid right in perfectly. 

This kind of thing has happened in my life so many times.

Does God care?  Yes! 

Not only does the Lord Jesus provide us salvation for our sin

but he also provides for those little details in our lives

that we often don't even voice. 

So I say....talk to the Lord about everything.

It may surprise you what he provides. 

This week I've  been able to finish up a couple more

pairs of socks.

The one above I ran out of the one colour so I added 

a fun pink toe.

It was the same kind of yarn so the texture was consistent.

So this morning I'm back to working on my crochet project

my blue afghan.

The sky is grey and the trees have a fresh dusting of snow

that is softening the world outside. 

I went out and fed the birds this morning

and added a little "fat cake" for them as it's getting colder.

I made these "fat cakes" for them out of pumpkin seeds

oatmeal and bacon fat.

It's a great way to use up leftover bacon fat and it 

nourishes them in the cold.

Do you make your own for the birds? 

What do you add to yours? 

My boys and I borrowed some skis for the winter

from our community center. 

It's so nice to be able to get out and glide 

along the paths.

I'm a bit stiff from my first journeys out

but that will pass as my muscles remember.

I wonder what trails I'll explore this winter? 

Do you like exploring?

I hope you have a wonderful week

keeping your homes and perhaps discovering 

a new trail or place to enjoy.

Love and Prayers,

Jennifer
 

 

1 comment:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Those kind of answered prayers are so sweet. Like you said, sometimes we don't even pray for an item and God in his abundance just bless us with little special things.
A few months ago I was leaving our neighborhood in the van and saw what I thought was a large rotary cutting mat on the road. I was on my way to an appointment and could stop to check it out. When I got back it was still laying there in the road. I put my four way flasher on, pulled over, and ran over to pick it up. Sur enough, it was a large rotary cutting mat. I was so excited! I consider it a special little gift from the Lord.