Monday 16 October 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Something For Those Special People In Our Lives

 

                             

Hello!
It's a heavy fog kind of day here
and the lake is completely obscured. 
The fog is brightening up the outdoors and even though
the sun is not yet up it is cheerful out.
The grey jays are flittering about
waiting for their morning 
nibble.
We now have four of them
and I love how they sit on the branches around the feeder
saying hello.
For some reason I find their conversation
very sweet.
I joined my husband for his morning walk
and it is so lovely and crisp
with the frost
having spread about the leaves
and needles on the evergreens.

This past week I finished up making some cards.
I know there are many ways to tell others
that they are important to us
and that we're thinking of them.
For me creating cards is a special way to do this.
In all of our busy lives...we need to make time 
to let others know that they are not forgotten or unseen.
To give them something small
just to let them know they're special to us.
Do you know someone that may be encouraged
to know that they are thought of?


I put together a couple little baskets
simple soap/candles/washcloths.
Something practical and lovely.
For those that the Lord has put in my life
that I see often.
Their smiles uplift me and brighten my days.


It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary
this past week.
A wonderful milestone in marriage.
Praying for them as they continue on this 
journey of life together.


This past week we also 
splurged and bought a new carpet.
No it's not very big. I was hoping for a larger size
but it is a nice
cozy spot in the middle of the room.
Our dog is quite delighted with it
and readily sprawls out to sleep...in the sunlight.
It is not too thin so that your toes can sink in as you walk across it.


We have also been blessed with finding some 
nice curtains at the free store. 
We picked up a simple curtain rod at Walmart
and my son installed it for me.
Now we'll have an extra layer of protection
from the cold on winter nights.


Thanks for dropping by today!
I'm so thankful for each of you that take
time out of your days 
to pop by!


Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I popped by! I love card making also and send out many every month. I also donate many to our church which go on a table and people can take and leave a donation that goes to missions. We have several card makers in our church and we have raised a lot of money for missions. Gives our hobby a purpose.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Very nice cards and gift basket. I am sure they are very much appreciated!
Congratulations to your parents! What a great milestone!
Have a nice week!