Monday 15 May 2017

Truly Blessed Spot of Tea


Hello!  How was your weekend?  Mine was so lovely!  It was cold and rainy outside and warm and cozy inside.  
My family blessed me with a fun Mother's Day.  My girls made brunch for the family and then they had some delightful gifts for me.  
I received some delightful candles, a new cooler picnic bag (we use ours every week and the old one was coming apart), a certificate for a new haircut, and a brand new cast iron kettle!!!!
How is that for being spoiled?  
I had lots of hugs and snuggles and I know that the Lord has greatly blessed me!  



Of course a new kettle needs to be tried out right?  So that is just what we did. 
We put together a fun afternoon tea.

We pulled out some of our doilies to set the tea goodies on.  You can see that my kitchen table is a bit ~well used~.  It's one of the busiest places in our home. 


We had cheese, crackers, watermelon, peanut butter cookies and brownies.  
I made a pot of earl grey tea, and my boys had some berry herbal tea.  


I pulled out an old metal plate I had stashed away and it's great for holding the teapot so that no drips hit the doilies. 

I pulled out some of our special local honey, it's delicious!  


We also found some lovely pansy napkins that had been stashed away for a special occasion.  
Pansies are my favourite bedding flower. 


The cast iron kettle is by Old Mountain.  It came in a nice box, which I've tucked away to keep.
My husband bought it from a store that a dear friend of mine works at. 


The candles have a fun floral pattern on them.  I have yet to find just the perfect place to display and use them. 


The cooler/picnic basket is a really nice size and I'm looking forward to using it.  I like using a cooler for picnics so that everything stays nice and fresh.  This bag also has a handy dandy flip top so that you can just reach in and get something without opening up the whole thing. 


My children know how much a love getting cards and so my daughter created this one just for me. 
I love that this is one skill that my children value and practice. 




Sharing with Word Art Wednesday


5 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

I'm glad you liked your presents and the card. :) It was hard to keep it all a secret but it was worth it. :)

handmade by amalia said...

How lovely that you were spoiled and appreciated on mother's day.
Amalia
xo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

My but your family did bless you with special gifts for mother's day. How did your mom like her hankies?
I agree that a new kettle calls for a tea party and there sure were some nice goodies. The blue teapot is lovely too, a nicely shaped and slender spout.
Hope you had a nice Victoria Day weekend.
xx

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How wonderful to be spoiled as a mother! I LOVE your new teapot! I've never owned a cast iron tea kettle, although I've got plenty other cast iron pans. The candles look so pretty, and the card is gorgeous, your daughter is very talented indeed :) Such a fun way to celebrate using the tea kettle for your tea party, so very fun! Hugs to you today :)

Mary E. Stephens said...

It looks like you had a very nice day. Tea parties are so much fun. :-)