Thursday 11 May 2017

Delightful New Dish Towels


Hello! I hope you are having a wonderful day.  It's been beautiful here in the Yukon and it's starting to warm up.  Almost warm enough to plant the garden.  

I'd like to share with you some dish towels that I made for my Mom who is getting her kitchen re-done.  New countertop,  & new cupboards.  New kitchen sink and a new window to go above it. :) 

I thought that this would be a fun and fresh gift for her new kitchen.  


I made the towels out of some recycled sheets.  I washed them up and cut them to the size of one of my towels, leaving room for the hem of course.  They came together quite simply and I do hope she enjoys them.  

I made two different patterns just for variety.  The one I added some soft cotton lace ribbon to.  


To go along with the towels I made a card. 

I used some pretty bird paper and simply layered it over another patterned paper with a highlighting edge.  I added some dark brown cord and a burlap flower.  


Thank you for stopping by! I pray you have a blessed day!




Sharing also with Word Art Wednesday.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer, your card is so sweet. I just adore your rustic style. Your blog is so full of that perfect country charm, just like your card. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!
Blessings,
Misty D
WAW DT

JES said...

The towels are adorable!! I am sure your mother will love them! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Natalie said...

What a lovely gift for your mom! Your card is beautiful! Hope you are doing well!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!! Blessings!

Karen Letchworth said...

You are so creative, Jennifer. God has certainly blessed you with a creativity that blesses others. Thanks for sharing this fabulous creation with us.
Blessings,
karen
Word Art Wednesday