Tuesday 27 May 2014

I Made Butter!


Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share with you my first attempt at making butter since I was a little girl.  I put some whipping cream in my electric mixer and let it go.  It didn't take very long, and just before it separated it started to splatter buttermilk around! :)



I squeezed as much of the liquid out of the butter as I could with a spoon....I'll have to learn how to do that better since I'm sure this is something I'll be doing again!



We'll be eating some for lunch with our sandwiches and then for snack with some fresh banana oatmeal muffins. :)  Love homemade things!
Hope you're enjoying your day!

5 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Tasted good on the muffins. :)

Jenée said...

There is some material that my great-grandmother used to use when she made butter. It is a gauze type material that she called "cheese cloth." That might help you drain the liquid off better than trying to do it with a spoon. Just place the cheese cloth inside a bowl, pour your butter content into the bowl, pick up the cheese cloth, wrapping your butter with it. The liquid will drain through the cloth, but you can also lightly squeeze the liquid out while the butter stays inside the cloth. Is that making sense to you? Hope it helps.

Tracy said...

How cool! Bob appetite!

Tracy said...

Crazy auto correct. That should be bon appetit!

Grandma Bonnie said...

This looks like so much fun..the last time i did this was in Kindergarten..and i still remember how special it was..we used a churn. :)