Tuesday 12 January 2016

Planner and Pillowcases


Hello!  Today I have a couple fun things to share.  I went looking this year for a new planner and couldn't find one that I liked.  So I went to Staples and found this sweet journal and decided to try using it.  I have drawn lines on the lined insert paper to make days of the week and bought some colourful pens to use for different needs (meals, lessons, apt., journaling).  It has an interesting way of binding and the pages can be taken out and inserted easily.  This way I'm hoping that if it works well I can just take out the old sheets, pop them in an envelope and file them away.  Then I can refill it and use it again next year.  I started with just one pack of the dividers, but they are great for separating the months, so I'll go and get some more of them.

Then my kids have been doing some sewing projects.  My young boys wanted new pillow cases, so they helped me sew them.  It was so fun to watch them enjoy using the machine....Mom helped with the alignments, and of course the ironing part. :)


Then with the machine out and ready, I made another sweet pillowcase for me. :)
The fabric is quite white, so in real life, the lace blends in quite well (not so in the pic.).


Do you like doing sewing projects with your children?  At times I am nervous about letting them use certain things, but am usually pleasantly surprised at their capabilities.  It is a sweet thing to be able to teach our children in even the simplest tasks.

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


2 comments:

JES said...

Love the pillow case you made with the floral fabric and that you got your children involved! We always allowed a lot of liberties as long as it was supervised and are reaping the blessings now because of it :)

Danielle Dunn said...

Fun pillowcases and I like your new planner. :)