Monday 4 January 2016

Mittens and French Tarts


Hello!  How many of you like mittens and french tarts...not necessarily together like little naughty kittens?

I've was given some wool and thought that it would be best used as mittens due to the fact that they're warm even when wet.

I used a half-double crochet pattern for the mittens and made them to fit my hand size.  But they'll fit any of us that need it ok.  For added warmth on really cold days an extra pair of mittens can be tucked overtop or inside.


My family has been enjoying some french tarts and they are very simple to make and are like little mini fruit cheesecakes.
The recipe is all in grams and such and since I don't have a scale, I just made it up as I went along. :)
So my recipe is:
1 package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs butter
1 egg
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 big tablespoons flour
*I mixed it all up together then spooned it into pre-made shells. Then bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.   Above I used homemade pie shells and below I used store-bought  tart shells.  Both were delicious. :)


For this set I made two mittens from wool I'd been given and then I made a cowl in the v-stitch pattern.  It's very warm and I love how the v-stitch is so stretchy and just about anyone can comfortably wear it.  Also it could be worn over the head and not just around the neck.


It's amazing how the Lord provides for what are at times the most simple things.  I cannot count the times that the Lord has brought wool/ yarn to my door for projects...some for my family and some to give away.  He is so good to me and I'm so thankful that the Lord Jesus cares about even the simple things in my life!

Today I'm sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


3 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Dear Jennifer! Happy New Year...
Your mittens and tarts both look so sweet! I had not made a tart in a long time! And the little kittens who lost their mittens is a very favorite nursery song of mine! I have never made mittens myself, but my sister would make them when we were little!
Thinking of you! Hugs, Roxy

*Vicki* said...

Hello there my friend! :) What a fantastic and inspirational post you have here!! Love the mittens which would be perfect to wear where you're at!! :) The tarts look amazing and wish I could taste one!! LOL!! Sending the best blessings your way for 2016!! HUGS

Danielle Dunn said...

Pretty mittens and...well the tarts were good LOL!