Monday 4 January 2016

A Quilted Table Runner


Hello! :)  I hope you are all doing well today.  I'd like to share with you a project I just finished.  No I didn't do the top rag quilt piece...I was given the top part.  I love the look of the rag style and thought it needed to be finished.  SO, since it offered a chance to learn something new, I thought I'd play with it.   I took and made a quilt sandwich and then took out my Bigfoot free motion quilting foot and tried it out.  It took a bit to get the hang of it, but it was interesting to be able to make all those little squiggles.  Now I have much practice to do to make it look just right, but it was fun and I'll be doing it again.  Then I cut some binding material and sewed that on.  This time I did much better with the miterer corners. and also using the binding tool I made (using measurements off a video tutorial)  I was able to make it smooth and perfect all the way around.  Now you can see in the picture that the edge kinda scallops a bit.  I think that'll lay nice and flat after ironing and using for a bit. (I hope)

I love the homy feel this has and I'm very glad I took the time to finish it.  Are there projects that you get from others that you finish, just because you would like to see how they turn out?


Here are some more pictures of the piece and a better look at the details. :)


I love the softness of the ruffles and the sweet floral prints.  Once it's washed it'll be a bit more fluffy.


Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


3 comments:

God's Grace Overflows said...

That is beautiful and it looks as though it has a homey, cozy feel to it! I love all the colors!
Enjoy your week, Jennifer!
Blessings, Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

That is beautiful and it looks as though it has a homey, cozy feel to it! I love all the colors!
Enjoy your week, Jennifer!
Blessings, Amy

JES said...

This came out lovely! And I love the fabrics that were chosen! Thank you for sharing your beautiful handwork on the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)