Tuesday 22 May 2012

Thinking of You

Hello everyone! I have been thinking of all of you, my wonderful followers and how much I appreciate all of the wonderful comments and thought you share with me! It is really a blessing.  So just a note that you don't go un-noticed this is for you!
My husband at a garage sale last weekend found these incredible pre-made card bases from My Mind's Eye and surprised me with them!  So I plucked one out of the package and used it as my base.  I love My Mind's Eye papers and this is the first time I've had any of their product.  So, not to detract too much from this lovely pattern I chose to layer some wonderful flower dies (that included these lovely leaves) that I cut out by hand from Fred She Said Designs.  I did ink the edges just a bit with some blue Windflower ink and then added a pearl to the centers.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Heidi Grace with green Windflower, inked the edges with both green and blue and matted it to some green cardstock from my stash.  Then it still looked empty so I added some butterflies that I punched out of the remaining flowers from the sheet with my EK Success punch.  After adding the rhinestones to the butterflies I felt it was complete! The card base has a nice shine to it and you can see that in the pic under the sentiment.  I thought it gave the flowers and butterflies a bit of an airy feeeling!
Here are a couple more shots I took.
I will be sharing this card with:
Sentimental Sundays:  Whimsical + a sentiment
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: Build up your card -I chose to layer my flowers
Just keep on Creating: Anything Goes
Thank you for dropping by, God Bless!

11 comments:

Feikje said...

What a nice card! I really appriciate your work, it inspires me. Thank you!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer! :o)

Anne-Marie said...

Lucky girl....what a thoughtful gift from your hubby! The colours are so soft and pretty, and they do have a lovely sheen to them.
Thanks for dedicating this lovely card to me.....a dedicated follower....haaa!

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry I'm so behind in commenting on your cards. It's been a crazy week and doesn't seem to be getting any less. LOL Your cards are wonderful and imaginative as always. A HUGE congrats on your new DT position sweetie! Hugs!

Annette Allen said...

oh my those flowers are amazing...I totally love this...

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Very nice card. Thanks for joining us this week for the Sentimental Sundays "Whimsical" challenge. Join us again soon.

Renee B. said...

Lovely card Jennifer...especially like those flowers!
Hugs,
Renee

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Jennifer! What a lovely card! Love the soft colors and those pretty flowers! Great garage sale treasure your hubby found! So nice! So glad you could join us this week at SSiC!
Blessings!
Sandie

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love all the pretty flowers you created.

Traci M said...

You did a great job building up your card with these flowers and butterflies!! Such a pretty card...thanks for joining us this week at SSiC!!

suzARTe said...

such a lovely feminine card, everything looks great together.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)