Thursday, 26 April 2012

Pearls and Lace

Great to see you again! Today I have a card to share with you that I've created for the challenge over at Card Crafter's Circle! It's all about pearls and lace.  I have used this image by Di's Digi Downloads and I just love her because she is girly yet has a touch of tomboyishness about her.  That's me! As I get older and my girls love these feminine things, I am discovering that I to enjoy them.  My oldest is turning 13 in a few days and I asked what she wanted  and she said for me to take her shopping!!! I remember the times when she groaned at the thought and now, well lets just say she's growing up! Sigh.
For this card I've used some wonderful textured paper that I found at the Dollar Store.  It's a wonderful light butter colour! The pink patterned paper is from Magenta and the green paper is from K & Company.  I used crochet lace from Stampin' Up and the pearls are from Recollections and Mark Richards.  I added some flowers from my collection and then decided to add a green touch.  I don't have any greenery so I just twisted the left over stems around my pencil and voila!  There is a hidden sentiment on the left.  I punched the side with my Fiscars oval punch and then added the sentiment to it.

We would love how you use lace and pearls, it doesn't have to be a card.  Hop on over to Card Crafter's Circle so see some great inspiration! We are being sponsored by the wonderful Di's Digi Downloads and the winner will receive $10 to spend in her store!


9 comments:

julieprice3 said...

Very sweet, I love the pretty pearl flourish
Hugs julie P

NickelNook said...

Such a beautiful card, Jennifer! That image is adorable and coloured so pretty! I really like the hidden sentiment too! Great job on this one!...Nancy :o)

Jenée said...

Jennifer, this is such a soft beautiful card. I just LUV all the sweet elements you've added and the pastel colours you've used. Such a lovely inspiration card for the CCC challenge!

Jenée said...

Jennifer, this is such a soft beautiful card. I just LUV all the sweet elements you've added and the pastel colours you've used. Such a lovely inspiration card for the CCC challenge!

Tracy said...

Pearls and lace and a pretty face! LOL All kidding aside this is super sweet Jennifer. Love that pearl flourish. :-) Hugs!

Sandy said...

What a pretty and soft card! I love the flowers and pearls but my favorite thing is your hidden sentiment. Love the sentiment! Very feminine card.

Vicki Fraser independent STAMPIN' UP demonstrator said...

Very soft and pretty Jennifer, and I love the hidden sentiment :)

grandmabonnie said...

Jennifer, i love your cards..they are pretty!

Debbie said...

This is really cute!! Fun image and beautiful embellishments!!