Thursday 24 November 2011

May God Be Praised!

Here is a card I have created for the challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Challenge:  Make a card of praise using music, stamp, or design paper, or just the word "praise."
When I read this verse I cannot help but praise Jesus' Holy Name for giving me the wonderful salvation that He alone offers.  
I found this wonderful music patterned paper over at Mygrafico- Lindsay's stamp stuff.  It was a bit aged looking so I took that twist with my card.  I found this wonderful verse over at Papercrafts Memories (Word Art by Karen) and it is free plus a whole lot more! Beautifully done verses.  The verse I printed and inked with some distress ink and then matted it to some dark brown textured cardstock then some yellow cardstock with which I added a nice edging to with a pair of decorative scissors. After I attached the verse with pop-up glue dots, I added a flourish die cut for the bottom and then a section of lace that I inked with the distress ink as well.  To finish it off I added a wonderful metal button tied on with some dark brown embroidery thread.  
I hope you enjoy this card, and most of all Praise be to God for the gifts of cards.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Just beautiful, Jennifer! This IS the day, isn't it? I just the word 'rejoice' ... it's so encompassing! I love your creation.... lace and vintage buttons... two of my favourites!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

Amen!! So beautiful, Jennifer! Love this verse...it's one of my favorites!! Have you ever noticed I say that about ALL Scripture verses?! lol I just love the Word! Thanks so much for sharing it on this wonderful card!
It amazes me how you get so many cards finished so fast! :o)