Monday 15 May 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Freshening Up For Spring

 


Hello!
I hope you are enjoying your day
whatever it is you have found to set your hands to.
Here it is a lovely spring day 
and I have been puttering about the house. 
I find that I will go to do one thing 
and then find something else that needs doing
and before long I am way off track from where I started.
Does that happen to you?

I have been more thoughtful as of late
with knowing we are moving
to take in those little details of things I love about this place.
Like this sweet little bench 
that sits out in front of the house overlooking the lake.
Not far from it were the lovely crocus above
just starting to bring some colour to the yard.


Of the little trees that are scattered about the forest on the trails.
I love this little one that is growing out of this stump.
I first noticed it when it was super tiny and have 
enjoyed watching it grow.


I love being down on the shore of the lake.
Listening to the wind in the trees
and the frogs at this time of year
singing away in the grasses by the shore.
The clouds are beautiful
and I could stand and watch them 
for hours as they shift and change.
Reminding me that change can be beautiful.


I came across this delightful little basket with a lid
this past week at the free store.
I have brought it home to store away all our 
painting supplies.
We don't need as much space for them as 
we don't use as many as we used to with the children
growing up and finding new interests.


This past weekend I was spoiled 
by my family with some very special gifts.
One is this sweet soup tureen.
My husband saw it and thought it looked
like a giant tea cup. :)
I very much love the blue florals on it
and will be looking forward to 
putting some delicious soup in it for my family.
Also to the right in the picture shows the new glass
for my old family butter churn.
Now I can churn some butter
just like my family did for many years past.


Some delightful lavender/earl grey soap
a lovely new pink violet and picture.
Then a new dress in my favourite colours.
It's a lovely summer dress and the weather was cool
so I put a sweater over it. 
The necklace was a gift by my daughter for my birthday last.
It's a copper piece of fireweed.
I don't have much jewelry but just a few special pieces.


It is lovely to freshen things up for spring.
I've started my spring cleaning.
As the windows have been open the sounds of spring 
have come filtering through the screens.
The song birds and the little squirrels finding their voices.
The fresh air cleansing the stuffiness of winter.
All of these lovely things to bring smiles to our hearts.

Thank you for dropping by!
Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog, as usual. :)
Yes, that happen to me all the time; I start a task and get derailed by a more pressing matter. This goes on for sometime and then I have a bunch of half finished jobs. Agh!
You're moving again?! I remember when you came to this place. I hope all goes well with the move. Soak up all the lake views you can before you leave. :)