Monday 19 November 2018

Warm Woollen Shawl



A warm woollen shawl.  
Something wonderful to wrap about your shoulders.
To add that touch of comfort that you need on colder days. 

I used a pattern called "A Time for All Seasons".
It was a very nice pattern to work with and it isn't too heavy or too light. 
 I didn't follow the pattern all the way to the end as I was running out of yarn...and just customized the edging so that it was finished nicely to the length that I needed.  

Then of course I want to mention the yarn I used to make it. 
It is the yarn that is on the left in the picture below.  
It is has an old fashioned kind of feel to it. 
It's not perfectly the same all the way through the ball, and it is two strand. 
It's from Canada, from a small Alberta town.  
Custom Woolen Mills


Thanks for dropping by!  
I hope you are enjoying the first part of the winter... or fall time ...or summer where ever you may be. 
We are having a chinook here in the Yukon at the moment and things are melting.  
I'm looking forward to the colder temps so that we can skate and snowshoe again.  

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful looking shawl the perfect accessory for this time of year. Beautiful colours, I am going to have a look at the pattern now. I am looking for a quick make for a Birthday gift.

Stephanie said...

My dear Jennifer, your shawl is truly exquisite! I love the lacey pattern.

Have a blessed day! Hugs

Danielle Dunn said...

So pretty! I love it! :))))

Sarah said...

Jennifer,

Your shawl is beautiful!! The lacy pattern is so elegant and old-fashioned. I enjoy wearing my shawl in the mornings and evenings when it is extra chilly. Many times that is all that is needed, a little extra warmth on the shoulders and back.

May you have a blessed day!

Sarah

Margie said...

Beautiful! We had our first extreme cold weather alert here this week so the shawl is perfect for cozying up by the fire.