Monday 12 November 2018

Homemaking Mondays: A Quiet Place of Rest


Hello!  Today I'd love to share with you a bit about a quiet time in my home.  
Above is my living room.  It's an older picture...there are lace curtains now and a new small table under the window by my husband's chair.  It gives you an idea though.  

There are moments in a home that are so special you sear them into your memory.  
I had one of those moments last night.  
In our living room...the family gathered just spending time together for no other reason then just to be together.  My girls and I each crocheting our own projects.  My youngest son snuggled in a blanket up against me on the couch.  My oldest son driving a truck on his Dad's back..and then falling asleep on his legs.  My husband sleeping quietly.  Then our dog laying on her bed all content.  
Peace . Quiet . Togetherness . Precious .

These are special times and I am blessed to have them often in my home.  
No outside distractions to pull us away from each other's company. 
We have our evenings mostly quiet and at home.  
We have our family Bible time each night before the kids go to bed. 
We take time away from the computers and chores to just be together.  
It is one of my favourite times, and often gives me pause to thank the Lord for His abundant goodness to me.  At that moment I have all that I ever wanted.  
A home and family full of the Word of God and His blessings.  

Do you ever get carried away by busyness?  Into the evenings?  Into planning things for the evenings?  Perhaps planning for quiet evenings at home would be an idea.  
Just shut down the distractions and gather in the same room.  
I am often surprised at the conversations that come about. The sewing/ crocheting that we share, the board games or other quiet games that are started.  Sometimes there is quiet music, sometimes we make our own.  Sometimes there are books/scriptures read and shared.  Just being together in one room has a special comfort to it.  A blessing of family. 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer


3 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

It was nice and quiet...even if I was struggling a bit to try to crochet Lol. Moments like that are nice though :)

mamasmercantile said...

You paint a beautiful picture with your words. A picture that I look back on fondly when my own three daughters lived at home with us. Hopefully they will have memories stored and create these special moments with their own children.

Christine said...

You said it all with your sentence, "At that moment I have all that I ever wanted."
What a deep feeling of contentment.