Wednesday 7 June 2017

Lacy Shade


Hello!  Nice to have you drop by!  I've been quiet lately on here... spending lots of time outside and with my family.  

With spring comes lots of yard work, and re-adjusting things from inside to outside.  Now all my plants are outside save for a few more seedlings I started late.  

With the longer days the heat coming through this window by my desk was just getting to be a bit much.  SO I went through my stash of fabric and found two lace curtains that would fit the window size.  I pulled out a stick and then some of the non-marking hangers.  I put up a second curtain along the same wall in the living room and now it evens out things.  


A little hard to see the curtain, but it does shade the room nicely from the hot sun.  



Now the light is nicely filtered and not so harsh.  Plus it does put a pretty pattern on things it shines on now.  

I love the pattern of this lace.


It's nice to have something soft and lovely by my desk. :)  


I planted some Malva late and it's coming up in a pretty bowl that I have sitting on the bottom of the curtain.  It's getting bigger by the day and will be planted out soon.  It's supposed to be a great flower for bees and butterflies.  


Thank you for dropping by!  Is there anything that you have done to help keep the hot sun from beating down on what is in your home?  

Praying you have a sweet day! 

Sharing with the Art of Homemaking Mondays.





1 comment:

Danielle Dunn said...

It's nice and pretty and keeps the hot sun out. :)